The PALFINGER Group continued to grow in fiscal year 2019, with revenue reaching a new record high of EUR 1,753.8 million.
Compared with the 2018 figure of EUR 1,615.6 million, this corresponds to an increase of 8.6 percent that was achieved without any additions or acquisitions. One of the main reasons for this expansion of business was the outstanding performance in Europe. PALFINGER also posted significant revenue increases in North, Central and South America, Russia, and China. However, the order situation deteriorated during the course of 2019. This resulted in a stabilization of supply from the value chain and shorter delivery times for PALFINGER products. By contrast, the global marine business in Segment SEA continued to be characterized by a difficult market environment in 2019, with the beginnings of a recovery in sight. After implementing extensive restructuring measures and diversifying business segments, Segment SEA achieved a positive operating result in the second half of 2019.
Initial successes from the GPO implemented in 2019 are already visible in the 2019 results described here.
Despite the divergent global environment, PALFINGER’s operating business improved in 2019 compared with the previous year. EBITDA increased by 13.7 percent, from EUR 196.7 million to EUR 223.6 million, and the EBITDA margin was 12.8 percent, up from 12.2 percent in fiscal year 2018. Quarterly performance of the past two years shows a continual increase in revenue and operating profit.
REVENUE EUR thousand
Income statement EUR thousand
Balance sheet EUR thousand
Cash flows und investments EUR thousand
Value creation EUR thousand
- 1) Including additions from leases (IFRS 16); excluding divestment of 2.5% of Sany Lifting Solutions (EUR 28.6 million)
- 2) Balance-sheet date figures of consolidated Group companies excluding equity shareholdings and contract workers.
- 3) Figures adjusted with retrospective effect, due to a new calculation method.
- 4) Change from prior-year figures, due to a change in conversion factors for CO2 emissions and new base year 2015 for index calculation.
- 5) Proposal to the Annual General Meeting